Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Present and Future

Altotonga, Mexico -- What gorgeous weather we've had! I know it's a small thing, but it is so nice when you can feel your toes all day long! Well, it's been a week like any other.

Last week Chris was gone for a prayer conference in Tabasco (not the sauce, the state-- where there was all that flooding), so I went about things as normal. The afternoon sessions at the club seemed a little slow, but Friday evening we were really busy and it was good.Friday afternoon I had my discipleship time with Rosa. We're going through the 40 days of purpose thing and we were talking about how God has a purpose or a mission for everyone. So I asked her, what do you think about that? What do you think God wants you to do? And she said, you know, I've been thinking about this, and after I finish nursing school, I want to be a missionary. I was like ?!?!?!?! :D I was really excited to hear that. Praise God! We need more on the field! I told her she could work in Japan with me some day.

Saturday my dance girls did a lot better in class, which I was relieved and happy to see. We're doing a piece during the concert in February. That afternoon I had the lesson. I talked about Connect 4. For more, email me.

And things have continued from there about the same as usual. Today I gave my first official English class. I have 2 students, and it's not so much for evangelism or anything. It's something that one needs to learn and the other one really wants to learn. But it's something that I want to use in the future to work with. But the regulations are getting stricter and experience is required. So, I'm putting my class that I took in November to use and am learning to teach English. I don't use any Spanish, because supposedly it takes 6 times longer to learn if you have someone doing the work of figuring it out for you.Other than that, I've been in contact with some missionaries in Tokyo. Right now, we're just chatting, but I am hoping to visit them. Next January I am planning a scouting trip of about 2 weeks to Japan to do just that-- scout it out and contacts and get a feel for the area. Well, I am going to send my English students their homework via email. So, I am going to get to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment