Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Today is 1-23

Altotonga, Mexico -- What a long day! But a good day. Tammy left today after being here a week (that's not the reason why today was a good day). So, our day started at 5:30.Well, it was nice to have Tammy here this last week.

Things were a little different schedule-y than I'm used to, but nonetheless good and hectic. Tammy got to enjoy all the wonderfully good things of Altotonga, especially the food, and including the cold! So I understand not as cold as St. Louis, but like the last blog entry was put...We also took a bit to go to Veracruz... I took my day off. It was so wonderful. I was also able to see Dale talk to him and see the place where he and Kathy used to live. The family who lives there now is so kind. I like them. As they say in Spanish, me caen bien.

Tuesday evening we had garnachas with a couple of friends, including a new coworker of Cheli's (Cheli- short for Araceli-- my roommate). I was excited to be able to get to know her a little more and will be working in the coming weeks to get that friendship up and going.

Last week I worked on a project for half-page flyers to pass out in the high schools. It turned out really cool, and I was able to do it in black and white and have it look cool-- thereby saving money. I'm also working on another project, more just a spare time project, for the youth band from the Club-- CO2. I'm going to do the insert in the CD thing that has all the lyrics and stuff to the songs that they are recording. And then I'll be working on another collage-type thing to hang up in the Club. I really like these kinds of projects, if you aren't able to tell.I've gotten ahold of a contact in Japan, some missionaries who have been working there quite a while... and then a student in Japan. She seems like a nice girl, and is a Christian. So, I'm working along those lines. I just need a bit more time to study Japanese!!

This week Chris is out of town at a men's prayer conference (though the women were invited too)... So, I'm doing things at the Club. And this weekend, I'm doing the teaching, which will be on Connect 4. More to come on that in the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment