Monday, March 15, 2010

Last Things

Oh my gosh, I'm SOOO tired. It's been a long day... a long few days!

So, tomorrow I'm off. Off to Japan. I'm pretty excited, although to tell the truth it still kinda seems unreal. Today was full of last minute things like a trip to Walmart, laundry and cutting my nails so that they don't get broken, torn, bent or otherwise damaged tomorrow. That ALWAYS happens when I fly, and so I've learned to clip them!

Also today, I re-packed my suitcases. I weighed the one suitcase and it was 62.5 lbs.. and of course, the limit is 50lbs. Unfair, right? I know. So, my ma helped me rearrange items, and all in all, I took out a number of books that I will send over along with some other things that I need to take over, but I just didn't have the room. Oh well.

We had dinner, laughed, joked around, a friend added some fun to my hair. I ended up doing a lot today... but I won't mention them all, I'll just say that I enjoyed mentally crossing yet another thing off my list... all those small nagging things that fly through your mind.

In the last few days, I've made a list of things that I will miss about the States. Yes, family and friends are at the very top, and that goes without saying. So just count yourselves there. Anyhow, that list contained things like: being able to read all the signs, driving, driving with very loud music, a ready supply of Mexican food, stilletos, and shows like The Amazing Race and Project Runway. Target! Oh, I do love Target. Some silly things, but I will miss everyone and many things I leave behind.

Well, I need to get to bed... I'm super tired, and do need to get to sleep before quite a few hours of travelling.

Will write from Japan! Stay in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment