Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tomorrow is my Friday!!

How was work today?, you might ask. I would answer: I sang, I danced, I taught Spanish. It has been an interesting few days, thankfully with enough work to fill them... since they cut hours. Last week, we had plenty of hours, but not much to do. At any rate, the last few days have found me to be a little... quirky.

Enough of work though. Here's where I am so far on support: $140 of the $500 needed, which makes it $360 still to go. I am believing that God will make it happen and am moving forward with plans to go.

On a side note: Rosetta Stone is working again! After some 2 months or so of frustration, I have AT LONG LAST got it going again, after the second call to the support center. Tears of relief flooded my face.

Perhaps that's an exaggeration. Maybe.

Anywho, as I look forward to moving to Japan, I realize there is just SO much that still has to be done. Though I miss the extra hours on my paycheck, I really do need the time at home. There are lots of things to be done before one moves! You don't just pack a suitcase with all your clothes and shoes and a coupla books for the flight; you pack your important paperwork (think: birth certificate, passport, banking stuff, accounting stuff, medical records) and the laptop and all necessary cables (the gran "etc.") and clothes for all seasons, and Japanese language study books.

You start writing the list of what you would need and those suitcases get pounds and pounds heavier.

Good thing I have big suitcases.

Anyhow-- I'm also looking for tickets and now you'll see the cheap, cheap side of me come out. Gotta shop around!

Around, mumbling now, and one of the kids from Mexico needs to chat, so I'm gonna focus on that.

Thanks for your prayers! Let's keep believing that God will provide!

No comments:

Post a Comment