Friday, January 1, 2010

January Run

Here's a copy of the prayer letter I just sent out. It's for you too!

Dear friends,

Happy New Year!! How are you feeling today? I'm still a little tired. Did you have a good celebration and set some goals for this coming year? I did!

It's been very nice to spend the holidays at home and enjoy all the festivities with American friends and families. For Christmas, our family did minimal gift exchanging, and mostly, we played games and ate. And for New Year, last night, I went to a young adult group and partied with them. It was pretty enjoyable.

So this year, there are a lot of plans I have- it all pretty much boils down to getting to Japan. I am excited and anxious to get over there and work with the church plant! This will be a big journey, and I am eager- and thankful to have YOU as a part of it. Thank you for your heart for prayer and your commitment to be a very supportive part of a team that will reach an unreached nation!

To let you know what's going on, I'd like to share this focus with you on prayer:

I'd like to set a date to leave, and since the team is asking that I come in March, I'd like to aim for March 15th as a date to set off. As I've been praying about this, and thinking about things like airfare-- I know that I would need to buy my tickets by February 1. I have the money saved up to do that, but I am still lacking monthly support.

Good news! My budget is less than we had originally set it at-- $2200! I'm roughly $1000 (monthly support) under-budget. My prayer is this: to have $500 monthly support pledged by the end of this month. With that set, I can make the plans to go.

Please pray for this-- for God to open opportunities and speak to the hearts of those He wants to partner with me to reach Japan. Please pray that this could be accomplished in this month. Also, pray for more opportunities to share about Japan.

I am very thankful for those who have been of so much support in this time in the States and for the opportunities that I have already had to share with many. I am excited about this year and what it will bring. I am looking forward to God doing new and big things in your life and in the big city of Tokyo!

Many blessings I pray for you, and once again-- thank you for your prayers!

With love-
Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment