Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mochi Mochi (yum...)

Hey! As you already know, yesterday was Friday, and I was so. very. thankful. for that glorious day. It was an extra long work week, with the below mentioned scandalous happenings at our store.

Oh my.

Anyhow, I came home (after a few commitments) and slept for 13 hours. I needed it!

Yesterday, if you'll recall- was some fog like we see few times in St. Louis. THAT, my friends, is what Altotonga was like. Where you get all misty wet, it soaks into your bones and chills you, and you can't see above a half-block.

After work, I went to a friend's house, where she very graciously helped me fold my newsletters, return address them, stamp them and stuff them. I guess I did that in the wrong order, but I'm pretty sure you get the point. It was nice, as we then discussed our opinions on the whole Pat Robertson comment about Haiti, giving/tithes, and the word "Christian".

Last night, I went to dinner at another friend's house-- I had been looking forward to this get-together all week. I got to meet his wife and kids- who are adults, and actually older than me. But- he was the one who originally connected me with Tim and Christine Huber in Japan. They went over to Japan to teach English for a year, and of course, to minister to the Japanese. It was pretty cool to sit there and talk about what it's like to live in Japan, their [Japanese] ideas on things, different inventions that we don't have here... all kinds of things. Overall- it was most enjoyable.

Today, I took my dad and brother to the Olive Farmers Market. Mostly, it's an Asian market, though they do have a Hispanic foods aisle. I picked up some "mochi" for a young adults meeting that I'll be sharing at on Tuesday. We went up and down every aisle, and had a lot of fun getting out of our typical American routines... then we came back home and my dad watched football.

As an update to where I stand financially for being able to go to Japan in March-- I've received $90 new committed monthly support-- so, I still am about $410 off the mark. But considering that this has come up this week, I am encouraged by this! Keep praying with me!!

Alrighty, I'm gonna get on outta here, get some stuff done and get some rest since tomorrow will also be busy and I have another very full work week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment