Monday, July 28, 2008

Oh Happy Days

Altotonga, Mexico -- I'm very content at this moment. I've been working on getting information from an organization Dimension Juvenil for a conference in September. They just released information last week, I believe about the conference. And as I return about 2.5 weeks before the conference, I really needed to get everything taken care of beforehand.

It's actually a wonderful conference for youth pastors and leaders who are youth. There are a lot of dynamic speakers, it's very practical and Word-deep. And of course, you throw in a couple of singers/bands and you have an excellent conference. And the theme this year is Convictions + Passion = Destiny. Umm... exactly what I've been teaching!

So, I was really concerned because the inscriptions are $25, and bus tickets are $40, more or less. Plus food. Chris had talked to Abel Lopez (founder) about lodging (we've stayed at hotels in the past), and he hadn't received an answer yet. The addition of hotel costs (for 2 nights) really had me like Ahh!! SO, today I got a response to my email that there is lodging still available in the congregation's homes. YAY!!!! This means a huge cut in the costs, plus I've found a few ways to make things less expensive for the youth. I didn't want money to be a problem for them, but I'm not able to dish it out for them (and I shouldn't, they should have to work a little, ya know!). This also means that I don't have to look for a hotel in Mexico City (a hassle I didn't want to have to put up with the last week I'm here).

Tomorrow, I go to Xalapa to deposit the money for the group. And, I finally got ahold of the last youth who is on vacation right now with her family, and she wants to go... so I was also waiting on her. What a productive day!

Apart from that, I've been doing the usual around here-- being at the Club, meeting with youth, discipleship, prayer/band practice, preparing for meetings, and the evangelism class... and making sure I'm fully prepared for the licensing interview for church.

This Wednesday we're setting aside to seek God and the Holy Spirit. I'm with expectations that God's going to do something powerful... as we've been talking about the Baptism with the Holy Spirit. I'm excited... God's been speaking to me, giving me words, and I've had some good conversations with youth and others lately. I'm praying that God will do amazing, "revolutionary" things here. I believe He will, as long as we're awake and alert to what He's telling us.And next week, I head to Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma... I'm excited to see people whom I haven't seen in forever. Well, I need to get. There is still a whole lot of stuff to do in this week... I have a list for everyday! (I'm not kidding...)

No comments:

Post a Comment