Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Isn't Summer Supposed to be Slower?

Altotonga, Mexico -- Hey there people. What's up? How's your summer going? Mine is rainy, and slight 60ish. Well the last few days have been busy.

I've been attending ridiculously long graduations, studying, and writing a course on evangelism, that I just finished. And I managed to catch a cold, but I'm on the upper side of that now.We're starting that course tomorrow, which is about a month and a half early than I had first proposed.

Oh, and trying to get things set for my trip up north. Emailing, phone calls, writing notes to myself: don't forget _________.

It's just been over-all busy.Tomorrow I've gotta go to Xalapa to a meeting to try to get my money back from a business that hasn't given me my contacts and has refused to give me my money back after almost 3 months. So, I should probably get it back tomorrow (I hope), as I filed a complaint with the government. I love having a roommate that tells me these things. ha!Next Monday the Briles leave. That's pretty sad, but we have a cool program that the kids and I lined up for the family on Saturday. They'll enjoy that, I'm sure. The Briles are leaving their microwave to me. It's about as old as I am, but it works.

So, Monday night, I've decided to take a night off and watch a movie, drink a Dr. Pepper and have some popcorn.You remember how excited I was to get a coffee-maker? Yeah, well, this is a microwave. It's pretty cool. It's going to be soooo much easier to reheat left overs. Thursday, the band wants to practice at 6am. They've been wanting to do something different and they've been talking about it, and since this is their last opportunity, that's what we're doing. 6am, gosh I must love these kids. But anyhow, I told the kids they could practice as long as they wanted... I just do sound... so I'm going to take a book and study.

And next Tuesday, I'm going to Veracruz for a day to see Dale and Kathy. I'm pretty excited about that. I could use a break from the mountains. That, and hey, it's Dale and Kathy... and I like them!Apart from that, there's just the day to day stuff, working with the kids, planning and preparing, and stuff.So, as I have to get up again in about 6 hours, I should probably get to bed... Be seeing ya'll soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment