Wednesday, January 26, 2011

And.... POST!

Dear wonderful friends, please forgive me for my lack of posting lately.  There is a lot going on in my little world here on this island of Japan.  Let me give you the a la carte version:

-It is ridiculously exciting to watch Manami as she is learning about Jesus.  She is SO excited about know Him more, growing and participating in worship!  Though she participates in the band, she also worships while in the crowd.  When she first came to FUSE, and even in December, she still just kinda stood there during worship time... but now, she is singing and I saw herself really expressing herself during the songs with her hands.  It was really cool... People are all around noticing she is just a changed girl!

-We had an awesome lifegroup this last Sunday.  We have been talking about faith lately, and so I decided that we were going to journal Hebrews 11 and then share together what we got out of it.  So, as we we're sitting there in the restaurant, it was too long to do then, so we divided it up randomly.  We all got so much out of it, and so much of what each of us needed to hear.  We learned from God, and then also from each other.  It was a great evening.

-I went to Fuji-san today!  Mt. Fuji, the highest spot in Japan (we didn't climb it-- you can only climb it 2 months of the year), is one of the symbols of Japan.  It was a really chilly day, but we had a good time.  It was a school trip.

-I sat down last night to do what I always have to do this time of the year: figured out numbers for last year.  There was some concern from WIM about my not getting what I budgetted that I needed.  And after many, many hours of figuring out things and going over papers and deposits... You know... I don't know how I made it last year.  But thank God I did.  He is always faithful.  Please do pray for me though for this coming year.  And please pray as I am getting ready to doing some support raising States-side in March.  I am praying for many opportunities to share the vision, and people to be on-board and supporting the vision to reach Japan with the Gospel.

-One last thing:  I'm moving!  CRAZY.  I know.  But, it's something we've been talking about for a while, and I found a great deal on a really nice apartment (and people when they hear here are like: really? that's so cheap!)... and all the furnishings (from fridge to curtains) given to me.  It's kinda crazy how it's all working out.  I admit, it's all a little intimidating for me.  But I feel like God has opened doors that don't get opened like this.  But I am going to trust God in this.

Well, it's going to be a really busy next few months, but please stay tuned~  I'll still be here.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment