Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Good Day

This whole week, I've been preparing for speaking today at Fuse. I've felt this message coming on for a while, and I felt like I was supposed to speak on joy. One girl later told me that she did her devotion this morning, and it was on joy, and another girl's project in school right now is writing about happiness (which I made a lot of comparisons between joy and happiness), actually, I just got a text message from her a couple of minutes ago. (here giving the message with Yuiko translating for me... I used McDonald's "Happy Set" as an example)

Anyway, like I said, I think it went really well, and I did well on time too! We had plenty of time left over to talk in our supersmall groups, and two of the three new people this week seemed really to connect with some of the guys there. One of them, I think, speaks English.

This week, Kengo, my adopted little Japanese brother, did a type of language exchange thing with me this week also. At the end, he goes, so, do you have any problems?

It was so blunt, it made me laugh. I was like, living in Japan problems? (I knew what he meant). I was like, YES. So, Kengo took me to a cheap store to buy cockroach motels and mosquito plug in things to rescue me from the attack of mosquitoes. He was really nice to explain everything to me. It was fun, and so very helpful. But, what I most enjoyed was, So, do you have any problems?
OH and one other piece of information!! This week, FUSE received a large donation AND we found a new VENUE!! After dealing with a lot of inconviences of the current location, including a moldy atmosphere, we are going to be meeting in a great new location for a much cheaper price!!! How exciting!! More details to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment