Friday, July 2, 2010

Eavesdropping (and) Conversations

Ha-ha-ha-ha-hot! Actually, today's not too bad, but, yes, it's hot. I finally used my air conditioning for a couple hours at night and in the afternoon, after being drenched in sweat. It's the story of all us Westerners though.

So, this week has consisted of some very late nights. Tuesday night alone I didn't get home til after midnight. It was Sally's good bye party and a lot of people showed up, including these four people that we met at Shinyuri doing doing street outreach. We were excited to see them come, and they are ready for this weekend, to go back to Fuse. I'm excited to see what God's going to do with these ones!

Tuesday was sad to say goodbye to Sally. When I first came, there were 3 other missionaries. Four more have come to date, and 6 of them have left already. Which leaves 2 of us-- Mike, who is 20, and me. But there are some others who are helping out, and our Japanese people(!).

A group of 6 from Arizona have also been here this week, so that keeps us pretty busy as well.

Anyway, this week, I was told that my class was going to end, and that some of us students would be put with another class that was a couple of lessons ahead (and next week, we finish the beginner's Japanese book, which at this point, I don't think is beginner anymore), and as far as kanji, a good step ahead in the book that they are using (although I've already studied a lot of them). So, yesterday (Thursday), I changed classes. Yesterday, in my class, we numbered around 20 people, in the class, representing 13 countries. It was a bit difficult particularly today, I don't know if it's because it's been a long week and not too much sleep, or what, but I have some serious studying to do this weekend, and a lot of homework!

My Japanese is definitely improving, and I'm able to communicate a lot more with people. I talked to a girl at street performance for maybe 20 minutes, using only Japanese, because she couldn't speak English. We didn't talk about anything spiritual, you know, but still, she's a person that otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to talk to. Also, my eavesdropping is getting better, and twice yesterday, I told Mark what he was talking about to someone else. Of course, they weren't subjects of anything personal (I wouldn't eavesdrop on that), but just conversation.

Lately, I've also been able to have some good conversations about Jesus with a few people... and that's always exciting. Some of them were doubts and struggles, but I was praying for wisdom while talking to them, so I continue to pray for them that they will have experiences with Him and put the doubts away.

Well, we have prayer together in about an hour, and then we're going out to the street tonight to do street band, pass out flyers and meet new people to invite to the FUSE and to meet Jesus! So, I'll catch ya'll later! Need to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment