Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lunch Time!

YES! I finally get to sit down to lunch, and it's a relaxed day too, I only have to go to one other place today. It's really nice though.

So, I think I wrote about last Friday night-- it was a great street band performance! We had a great time, and made some contacts out of that, so hopefully we'll keep that up. As I speak, I'm trying to upload some videos of Fuse practices... granted they're from about a month ago, but.. nonetheless, you'll get the general feel. And, like I said, it's only practice.

Let's see... what have I been up to? Well, school, but you already know that. Monday night we had a goodbye party for Debbie and Allan. Debbie left this morning (Wednesday) and Allan leaves tomorrow night. Debbie has been here for a year and is the last person to leave that has been here from the start, so many here are feeling that. Allan has been here for 2 months, but we've seen a lot of growth and maturity in him, and we're excited that he wants to come back for college next year.

It was a good party, quite a few people showed up, and we had a nice power point and time to listen to them share a few thoughts and hear a few others share their thoughts. Yes, there were tears. I gave myself a 10pm curfew... but didn't leave until like 11... oops!

So, Tuesday was kicking my tail at school, but as you know Tuesdays are my really days. So, after teaching English in the afternoon, I sat down at Starbucks to have a few moments of peace and study Japanese. After that, I headed up to join the team for street band. They had already been going at it for about an hour, but I was so surprised to see so many of our teammates there-- like a lot of Japanese.

What's really cool is that so many have taken a different perspective about the three girls leaving this last month. Instead of whining and crying "woe is me", they are looking at this as an opportunity to step up and work hard for FUSE and to reach more people. How exciting!! Mark gave a good message last Saturday about vision... it was called Committed Japan: World Changers... and it was really about having vision for your life and investing your time, money, effort and perseverance to see success... he also shared about the Fuse's vision and different ways people can be involved.

Anyway, Tuesday night we had the planning meeting and it was cool to all sit together and plan together for the Fuse in both Japanese and English and to work together to meet the goal of reaching out to more Japanese people. Even though it seems like we're low on resources and manpower, God doesn't need those things to move mightily here in Japan. We're going to give it our all.

Well, dear friends, I'm going to work on some stuff, mostly Japanese, and then tonight, I'm planning on a full 8 hours of sleep... Be excited for me. :D

Also, tomorrow night Aaron from Meki-suko (Mexico) is arriving! I'm very excited!!
~~~
Oh: Just in, the video is ready! Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment