Monday, May 31, 2010

Departures and Arrivals

Ok, so I know that I've been a bit remiss on updating ya'll on my every movement :), but school adds an extra... eh... 30-40 hours to my schedule. Of course, other things are cut out in order to make room for it, but still. I'm trying. :)

In fact, last week, it was raining when I got to Shinjuku to go to school, so I stopped at the Starbucks, and chose a table in the corner that was made out of glass. I pulled out my books and was so tired that I was having a hard time staying awake... and about two minutes later, I was asleep on top of my bag on the table with my cell phone in my hand on the table.

The big news lately is that Debbie and Allan left last week, and Aaron arrived for about two weeks on last Thursday. I was pretty excited for him to arrive, because he's like my adopted little brother from Mexico. He's also playing on the FUSE band these two weekends, and so I was excited to have him meet all our team members and friends from FJC.

Yuiko helped me find the best route to the airport via train since it was the cheapest route. I transfered a number of trains and managed to make it all the way there without getting lost. Aaron came out and we got his money exchanged and then got the train to head all the way back. We made it home around 12:50am (I left around 6:30 from a local stop and his flight got in around 9:15)... so that was a really long day, but I was so happy for him to get there and so I told him.

Friday, I took off school (they extended my credit) and took Aaron and Sally to Shinjuku to the towers to overlook Tokyo, which is an incredible sight. We enjoyed it and then we went out for ramen at a shop with Tim and Christine and then Tatsu also joined us.

In the afternoon we had prayer and street performance, and Aaron played on that... Everyone was really impressed...

Well, I'm going to have to go, because I need to get to bed... Tomorrow's my marathon day and I want to conquer it. Pictures and more stories to come, I promise, but I wanted to let you know I'm alive and still blogging, just a bit busy... Catch ya'll in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment