Thursday, March 5, 2009

This and That


Altotonga, Mexico -- So, this last week I've had the company of my mom and grandma here, which has been nice. They've gotten to see a bit of the area and eat all the wonderful food that there is here, because it is some good food. They've also gotten to meet a lot of the people that I'm always in contact with and working with.


The baptisms went well last Saturday. It was a special day for the two girls up at the river. I had fears that I would lose them in the river... and well, all kinds of things, but they turned out ok. :) One of the girls also decided to make a public commitment with a purity ring with her parents. That was also a special moment for them too. It turned out to be a day-long event... We left at 10am and returned at about 4pm. Not that the baptisms took that long :)....


But we all hung out afterward and there was food and well, the river, where people swim.


One of the kids, playing around, hit me with a branch on the arm. What we didn't realize at the time was that it had a lot of little burrs on it... tiny little ones. They were near impossible to get out... Last night I put some hydrocortisone cream on it, and it drew some out. So, I got about 4 out today, and it's still blistery-looking, but, well, we have more stories now. ha!


Saturday morning I'm going to have a casual get-together with the teens, a small Bible study that we'll do each week, until I leave. It'll be good to get together and talk about God and His Word.


Also, I've been trying to get together details to see and help out with a group of students that Kathy Pugh will be taking down soon to Mexico. It's out of the area of the normal buses that I take... so between that and trying to find where I'm going to stay... well, I'm praying it all works out. All this and it's only a week and a half away! Well, that's Mexico!


Coming soon will be more info on Japan, the vision for the future and exciting kinds of stuff. But more than that, I'll be looking forward to sharing it with you in person!


Alright, back to work I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment