Monday, March 16, 2009

A Quickie

Ciudad Valles, San Luis Potosi, Mexico -- Hey! Just to let you know, I'm up here with K. Pugh and her Spanish class and some people from WIM and we're on a missions trip!

I travelled for 14 hours by bus and arrived here Sunday morning just in time for a full day... It was great... we went to 2 churches... The morning service was like 3 hours I think... plus your Latin one hour of talking afterward... and the evening service was about an hour and a half. I enjoyed both, but the second service was really good-- and even though I was pretty tired and worried about being able to stay awake, he kept me tuned into the message and I really, really liked it. It was a good message.

Saturday afternoon the kids came over to my house for about 6 hours and we had our little meeting... Of course, they played for much longer than we had the "Bible study" but it's the setting that builds "confianza" (trust, confidence) among the group and encourages a much more open setting and bonding and all that. Saturdays are great-- and they drink a TON of my coffee and after a few cups, I have some really hyper and crazy kids.

Well, there was another story I was gonna tell the other day but I can't seem to remember it at the moment and Kathy is waiting on me and I better get. We'll be busy from about 12-10pm tonight... so... woo-hoo!!!! Will probably write when I get back to Altotonga, and will have lots of stories for ya'll... plus the one I can't remember. Hasta luego--

No comments:

Post a Comment