Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Summing up 23

Altotonga, Mexico -- Last Friday was my birthday and I turned 24. The day before-- Thursday--was an eventful day. I was getting ready to go to the Club for a commitment I had at 5, when my roommate came up stairs and said, Janine, come here! Something terrible has happened!

Of course, I knew this wasn't true. So I went downstairs and some people were there to throw me a surprise bday party. So I sent a message to the girl I was going to meet, and put it off for an hour.

When I got to the Club, I saw that there were some police a few store entries down, and I was later told that at 5pm, there was a guy right there murdered. So I was thankful that this last minute party thrown together was a form of protection for me and that girl. It's certainly not safe to be a witness to those types of things around here.That night a young lady walked in and she wanted to talk to me. She has some problems going on in her family and so I talked to her about Jesus, who is her real comfort, more than advice from me can help her (of course, we talked about these things) and she decided that she wanted to have a relationship with Christ. So we prayed!

For my bday, I slept in later than usual, and went about my business for the day. Some of the youth soaked me good that evening, and it was cold!Saturday we talked about purity-- the last in a series on 1 Tim. 4:12. The kids enjoyed the talk-- it was pretty straight and clear. Of course, we did some activities to make it more youth-oriented...This week the youth will starting leading and doing everything on Saturdays. It'll be cool to see how it goes!

Keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment