Monday, October 20, 2008

My Day Off

Altotonga, Mexico -- In this last week a lot of things have happened. I had various meetings... the girl who cleans the building wrote me that she wouldn't be able to clean that week due to her college classes... So, I ended up doing that... as well as cleaning the chairs of the church, which the pastor was wanting to be done...I also took apart the hockey table and cleaned it, and it's working a lot better, I'd like to say. Man, it was dirty!! Also, we're starting a course on how to disciple others, so the last 2 or 3 weeks I'd been reading a lot, talking about principles, putting together all the best of the best, translating materials, etc.

On Saturday, we had a lot of kids at the meeting-- we were around 30, which is growing, since there were some things over the summer-- and some other plans of other people, which had caused some problems. So, for a while it was a bit difficult, but with a lot of work and encouragement, we have been growing. The majority of the kids going are new too!

So, there's still a lot of work ahead of us, and I'm working with the core group, since starting in November, they're going to be the ones who will be running stuff. I'll be helping them transition into this "position" or, guiding them along. Coaching, if you will. They need a lot of encouragement and prayer, if you would be thinking of them.

Last week I bought tickets for Indonesia and Japan. It was very exciting and very like-- wow-- at the same time. I've believed along the way that God was going to provide, and He's provided thus far-- though as in this too, there's still more to go.

Since buying them, I've been working a lot more on Japanese and reading more about the culture and stuff.

I'm pretty excited about this.

Today, I've got a bit of a cold that I've been working at attaining for the last few days. It's not bad, just a stopped up nose and bit of a cough. But, this Friday is also the big b-day, and so from Thursday til Saturday I may very well be pretty wet, or covered in soda, sardines or whatever. I'm hoping the kids will have mercy on me... but I'm not expecting it. :)And two weeks from Friday there's a conference in another city for the missionaries in Mexico that I'm looking forward to attending... Fun times.Well, I'm gonna get. Today's my day off and I'm gonna get some rest. It's been a long week!Newsletter coming out in the beginning of the November!

No comments:

Post a Comment