Thursday, September 18, 2008

Todo, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...

Altotonga, Mexico -- It's been a rainy week here-- and cold. We've had weather more common of November. I remember walking around in St. Louis just 2 weeks ago with t-shirts and capris, and now am dressed in a few layers and always seeing my breath! :)

Well, my first week has been an adjusting week. I've seen just about everyone again, talked, carried on and gotten used to the climate, elevation and culture again.

It certainly has been good to see all the teens again... to find out how they've been and what's been up. I've enjoyed that.

I managed to catch the inevitable cold when you do such a change to your body. I'm getting better-- yesterday was the worst of it all, and I'm sure I've gone through a role of toilet paper and another half, in these last 2 days. I've taken some meds, and as long as there's no pounding headache, I'm doing fine!We're going through a series on Saturday nights about 1 Tim. 4:12... well, 11-16. I've been trying to break up the "sameness" and change things around a little bit.

So, a lot of changes have been going on since I've been gone and since I've gotten back, both inside the church and club and without-- in the city. We have 2 new light posts, which are an absolute waste. There's really no purpose for them, and I hear rumored one other. Buildings have been painted other colors, businesses come and gone, and just all kinds of things.

Next week I take a small group to the Mexico City Conference. It's a great conference and the kids are really, really excited about it. It'll be a long journey than usual, because we don't have Chris' car anymore and have to go by bus schedules instead of creating our own. But, like most youth, they'll be just fine and will be more awake than I am.

Well, let's see... what's on the schedule for tomorrow? I need to go pay the rent and the phone bill... spend some time doing Japanese, prepare my lesson and the format for Saturday night's meeting... getting a few other errands done, and of course, the Club's schedule-- be there for about 5 hours or so.

Alright, I'm getting. I'm going to try to get some stuff done, before I crash out. Take care!Also, congrats to my friends Em and Jose who had their baby on Tuesday! Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment