Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Breaking News

Altotonga, Mexico -- We continue through our study in 1 Timothy-- and tonight our discussion was about how we can and should be examples in our speech. Consider it for a moment.After our meeting tonight, we watched the movie-- The End of the Spear-- the kids were captivated and they really liked the movie. In all the various movies that I've collected this last month when I was back home-- in all those movies-- everyone is an ordinary person whom God uses to do incredible things. And that was my message to the kids this afternoon...I talked to the kids today to let them know that God has been leading me out-- or in other words to leave. It was something surprising for me, but that God has confirmed. And since taking that decision, a lot of doors have opened for the future.

So, what's going to happen? Well, in May of next year, I will be moving out of Altotonga, Mexico, and will be in St. Louis for a 2-3 months. After that, the plans definitely include Japan-- but right now, I'm still waiting for God to show exactly which path He wants me to take. So, I talked to the core group of kids about that tonight. I can't say they were happy about this, but it was a Joshua message. The vision still lives and they have my support and everything I can do as long as I'm still here and the pastor's support to keep moving forward. If you could pray for their encouragement during this time, I would appreciate it. After the initial shock wears off, I'm praying that they will rise up with vision, new ideas and energy. I can already see a glint of it in one teen.

So, here we go! Another adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment