Sunday, September 4, 2011

Yawns and Tears...

I am sitting here yawning super big.  Btw, that is very rude to do at work or in meetings in Japan.  You can do it like, on the train or sitting by yourself at a table or something.  But don't do it anywhere else.  In fact, a good sign of being adapted here is when you can "swallow your yawns"... keep your mouth closed while you yawn!  I've seen lots of Japanese do it!

I prefer big yawns myself and bask in them in the privacy of my home.

That was a side note.  But yes, I am tired.  FUSE days are always very long (but good) days.  And since I do service coordinating at FUSE, it means that I'm always answering questions, making sure everyone knows what they're doing, making last minute switches and figuring out details.  I enjoy doing it, but sometimes... oftentimes I'm a bit tired after Life Group and finally making it home!

Today's FUSE covered a bit of things that have been going on this month.   Mark today brought the message about having Great Friendships.  He talked about the building blocks for great relationships being love, communication, trust (commitment) and grace.  When he got to the part about communication, he talked about encouragement and words of hope.  There he mentioned how it has been good for he and his wife to experience the comfort of great friends lately.  Two weeks ago, they lost their expected baby... She was 5 months along, and it was a big blow.  It was really hard for her to translate that part, and most everyone's eyes were filled with tears as Yuiko translated through her own tears about having lost her baby. 

Please pray for them!

They are still recovering.  It takes time, but we are praying for them and trying to support them the best we can and offer that hope that only comes through a relationship with Jesus!

Afterward, we had life group.  My lifegroup was pretty great today!  We continued the talk about friendships and the practicalities of it in life.  We shared from journalling time together, and got to know a new girl who joined lifegroup for the first time.  She still hasn't met Jesus, but we are praying that soon she will!

So, I'm sorry about this month.  We thought it was supposed to be a more relaxed schedule.  But it wasn't!  :)  My first two weeks, I took care of a lot of the responsibilities Mark take care of, since he was in New Zealand, and the last two weeks... well...

Well, I am going to get to bed!!  It's only 8pm, but I'm ready!

Hope you guys have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. so sorry to hear about the baby! I will pray for them!

    Love you sweetie, think of you often (I usually pray then too) :)

    ReplyDelete