Sunday, September 18, 2011

Updates and Origami

As I sit here another night in front of the fan and drinking cold water, I'm so thankful that in TWO days, we will hit the 70s and stay there... according to the internet weather forecast. [Yukata day at Fuse!]

Bring on the autumn!

So, last week I got home from Fuse and I just sat here staring at the computer thinking... I seriously doubt I can find the energy to write a blog tonight.  Today I have a bit more... but I'm not promising any cleverness.

For one awesome thing, we've been having new people.  We're doing a lot of inviting.  After lower numbers over the summer, we were kinda down though we continued outreaching and praying and all that.  As I recently heard Becky Hrubik (director of PAZ), pray-- We do care about numbers, because every number means someone who is getting called into the Kingdom of God and being saved.  But we've been seeing new people and following up on them... and praying for more breakthroughs!

I've been pretty busy with a lot of admin stuff at Fuse and trying to help things run smoothly... for it's own sake, but also to really support Mark and Yuiko and take any unnecessary pressure off of Mark.  That way, he can focus on what he really needs to focus on.

We also have a team from Brazil here.  They're here for 6-7 weeks.  They're not here in Tokyo during the week, but are up in Iwaki helping out.  But the two 20-something guys have been helping out with Friday night outreaches and at Fuse.  One of them, Paul, spoke today at Fuse.  So, it's been really cool to have them helping us out.

And on the side, I'm kinda starting an origami business.  It's not super-serious yet, but I do plan on following through to see success with it.  I've been making origami accessories (hair clips/earrings).  They are cute, durable and semi-waterproof.  I'm working on getting my webpage set up, and I recently found out that a friend of a friend will sell them in her beauty salon.  So, I am getting them together to send over.  Anyway, if you're interested, please let me know!  I'll post the page later; with everything that has been going on here in Japan, I've been super busy.  But I'm getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment