Monday, May 2, 2011

It's MAY! You know what that means!!....

So it's Golden Week here in Japan.  Golden Week is like a series of back-to-back holidays here in Japan.  Everyone seems to be off work and school, there are sales everywhere and it's a lovely time as we are getting into the really beautiful weather here in Japan. (team JS- Janine and Saki!)

On Sunday, I had the opportunity to share the message.  I shared on the freedom we have in Christ.  Freedom from what oppresses, freedom for the future, how to protect and use your freedom.  Saki also had her first time translating a "full" message (she did a 10 minute one right after the earthquake).  She did a great job!!

I sent her my notes ahead of time and then we got together on Saturday evening to go over any questions she may have had.  It was cool to be a part of her doing something new and to encourage her in the moment.  I had complete confidence that she was going to be able to do it!

Afterward, Manami joined us for lifegroup at our normal restaurant we head to.  It seemed most of the lifegroups decided to do the same study on freedom, since that was our topic at FUSE.  Anyway, we were reading a section of Scripture in Romans.  Saki shared some, I shared a bit, and then I asked Manami about the verses. 

She paused for a minute, and she goes, beforehand, if I had read this, I wouldn't have been able to understand it.  But now, after the message, I understand what this means. 

She went on to comment about it, but really I was blessed.  I was like, you know, that's the best thing that you can say.  If no one had received anything else (which I know wasn't the case), but it's worth it to know you are helping others grow and understand God's Word.

Well, I'm off to bed for the evening... I have a lot of projects to get to in the morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment