Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Here's to Opportunities

Sooo.... I had this really long to-do list for today, and not a whole lot on it got done.  Doesn't make me feel super-accomplished.

However, I did spend a few hours with one of the girls from my lifegroup today that was very productive.  On Sunday we had a great lifegroup time.  Though we didn't do the study that I had planned for us to continue, it was a really good time of sharing and this particular girl opened up and shared some stuff.  So, it ended up being a good time of ministry and encouragement.

Today I met up with her for some coffee, which turned into walking around Machida, doing lots of window shopping and great conversation.  She shared about her journalling time and we talked more in depth about that.  Then she's getting some vision and on track with God for her life.  She had been reflecting a lot on a question I brought up in Lifegroup about a month ago maybe-- What are the dreams we have in life?  For whom are we using them and how can we glorify God with them?  How do we use the opportunities that we have now?  What are the opportunities that we have now?

Well, a couple of questions I brought up, I guess.

But we talked about getting into the Word of God, having friendship with God, relationships... it was a really really good time.  I felt like it was definitely God-given and God had a chance to minister through it.  And! It was in Japanese!

So, anyhow, that is my day.  It seems like the last 72 hours, things have really picked up and seemed to get busier.  Every 12 hours it feels like I hear about something new.  :)  But that's good!  However, I'm going to be smarter than I was last year and not overwork myself, but find balance.  Overworking and overstressing yourself is not a good thing.

Well, looking forward to what the future holds... and enjoying the "now" moments too.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment