Monday, October 4, 2010

I would say I'm back on track now [with blogging], but-- well, every time I say that, something comes us and goes crazy, and I get even more off schedule. So, I'm not saying that.

Anyhow, this last weekend was the FUSE retreat, and it was a great time with all FUSE members (well, most of the core ones anyway). It was only Friday and Saturday, but beside wishing it were longer, no one had any complaints. We had a good mixture of team time (journalling together from the same passage and then coming back to share it, prayer time, sharing, etc.) and free time. Friday, after we got there, we explored the beach, and it was so beautiful! (pictured: Maki and I on the beach!)

Over the weekend, I got to know Maki better. She doesn't speak much English, and for Friday, she was the only Japanese-only speaking person in the car on the way there. So, I made use of my Japanese, and also hung out with her most of all Friday and then chatted together in our bunk beds at night. It was a lot of fun getting to know her-- she's really quiet, but she'll talk. Afterward, someone said to her, oh, you were the only Japanese person in the car... And she answered, Oh, that's ok, Janine kept me company and we got to talk alot. (Pictured: team game time)
Anyway, I was very happy to get to know her more!

Sunday night, after FUSE, I met up with a girl that I met at street band a few weeks ago. We got connected via Facebook, and we have a lot of common interests. So, we got together, and talked a lot-- I had the opportunity to share a little about FUSE, and about studying the Bible, etc. I think we will get connected more, and I hope that she can get connected into the FUSE, though her work schedule says otherwise... God can do anything!

So: my good news: Saki, in my life group, is getting baptized!! She's been saved for almost a year now, and is now wanting to take the step to get baptized! We are excited for her. So, in a couple of weeks, I should be climbing into a chilly ocean! It will be a great day for her. Good thing I heard jelly fish season is over...

No comments:

Post a Comment