Monday, October 25, 2010

Birthday Blessedness!

So, for my birthday, I figured I'd just list what happened, because it would be a very long blog if I wrote it all out! So here are your bites of cake!

-Saturday (23rd)- I hung out with Kengo, Mike and Ty, and Kengo bought all kinds of great snacks and we hung out together, the guys sang me Happy Birthday and we played dutch blitz! Kengo informed me, "I bought good ice cream."

The Big Day!

-Phone call on my cell from Mexico!

-Breakfast right out of bed made by my roommate, including special bread, fresh pineapple, Starbucks coffee, brownies and ice cream. The right way to start off the day.

-Happy Birthday played on my roommate's instrument that I have no idea how it's called and I'd never seen one before. It looked like it stepped out of Mongolia.

-A knock on the door and a serenade from two of my lifegroup girls-- putting my name to the Mexican hat dance tune. And my own bling bling birthday princess crown, a rose, a necklace, McDonald's coffee and pancakes.

-Talked to my family for a bit, and they sang Happy Birthday to me too!

-Happy Birthday sung to me and presents given by Yuiko, Naomi, Kaori and Maki... of which included an invitation to dinner this week!

-Happy Birthday played and sung to me by the FUSE band and all of FUSE! Can you say blush?!?

-A song written for me by Lizzie, Cynthea and Mika... to the tune of Sk8er Boi.

-Kengo didn't tease me once!! In fact, whenever he talked to me, he brightened up and said hey Birthday Girl!

-TGI Fridays for Lifegroup (the 2nd time ever in my life that I've eaten there)... I had an appetizer, and then a free giant sundae shared between 3 of us that were there! (Oh, another round of happy birthdays by complete strangers)... We talked about what God has been speaking to us in our journalling times! It was awesome!

-Encouraging notes and meaningful messages from around the world from many, many people! Wow~ by the way.

-A Haiku written for me.

Seriously, it's been one of the most happiest birthdays I've ever had... The only way to have made it any better would be able to see all my friends and family that don't live in Japan... but considering, I consider myself pretty blessed.

Ah, since we're doing a series on relationships, the topic for my birthday was: Finding Mr./Ms. Right... A sign of the year to come?!? ;) haha!

We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment