Friday, June 11, 2010

Uppa-datin you

OHHHHH so busy. I know, story of my life, right?

So, this evening I'm at the church, which I will explain in a bit, but I'm sitting on a chair, at a desk... and I said to Sally, but more just thinking out loud-- I really like having a chair. :) You see, normally I sit on the floor, at a table that is about a foot or so high.

So, school. You know that I've been doing that. Actually, next week I'm going to take a test to pass level four kanji (4 levels, with four being the lowest)-- which is only reading and writing 103 kanji. I think I should be able to do it. And I think at the end of this month, I finish beginner's Japanese class and get to move up... but I'm excited to have the opportunity to practice with my friends here and they're always so excited and smile big whenever I try out things with them.

Of course, what I'm learning in school is polite Japanese and not casual, so I have the basis for talking to them, I just have to drop words or change the verbs a little when talking to friends.

Hmm... what else... also, Aaron left this week. I was sad to see him go, but he had a good time here and we really enjoyed having him! He really clicked in quickly... and we hope he'll be back soon. And a couple of hours later, we got Mike, who's 20 and from Illinois (I think) who will be here til the end of December. I'm excited about that! Someone I don't have to say goodbye to for a while... and after Sally leaves in about 3 weeks, it'll be him and I, beside Mark and Yuiko.

We've been doing our street performances and I continue doing lifegroup with Saki-chan... English classes, a couple of meetings and all that make up my basic schedule for the week.

This weekend we are having Retro Fuse. We weren't able to book the place that we rent for the regular time, so we scheduled it later and decided to do a special event... so it's going to be pretty awesome, and we've done an extra flyer for this event and the First Anniversary of FUSE... so we've been handing them out lately. But anyhow, I've been working on things to do with that... and trying to figure out how to make my wardrobe retro for tomorrow.

Tonight, Sally is putting curlers in my hair tonight and I'm doing a 'fro. We'll see how it turns out, but I know I'll attract a lot of attention at street outreach before FUSE tomorrow.

Speaking of which, since we're starting late (wow, I get to sleep in!!... on a side note, the other night, I was setting my alarm, and it was definitely past 11 when I was getting to bed, and I sighed out loud when I clicked the button on my alarm... Sigh. 5am), we're doing things all differently tomorrow, but because of that, people from different lifegroups that are going on will be particpating in the outreach...

That's pretty exciting, I think. Having more people is helpful to attract more attention and also, it's good for them to be involved too in outreach and to take ownership and grow a passion for reaching out too.

So, I'm super glad that we have more Japanese people stepping up in not just this, but in other areas. That makes me so happy.

Well, I kinda feel like I'm blabbing, but I did want to let you know what's going on and what's new... And hopefully Sunday I can let you know what went down with Fuse and all the great things that happened!

Catch ya'll later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment