Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Taco Day

Altotonga, Mexico -- Yes, my friends, today is Dia del Taco. The first ever was last year. So, go out and enjoy some tacos today! I am!

So last week was pretty calm. It was still vacation time here (well, actually today is the last day for most of the schools) and so everyone was on vacation mode. Attendance in the Club was pretty low. But, that was to be expected. It always is on vacation time.

Saturday night went well, I felt. I talked on Joshua, and the beginning of the book, and how it is a very good analogy for everything that's going on. And, for me personally and God's position for me here (1:6). I focused more on the first 5 verses and took them apart and applied it to them.Then I took the leaders out to dinner, which also went really well. We had a ton of garnachas, but I talked to them about the direction, what I was expecting of them, what they could and shouldn't expect of me, and that kind of stuff. It was a good time, we hung out and laughed afterward.

That night, God protected me on the way home. I was walking home with 4 of the youth and we stopped at the corner of my street, I was finishing telling a story and I had noticed a group of guys making a ruckus, and I was saying goodbye. One of the leaders said, No, Aaron, come with me, we're going to walk Janine home. And so I said, well, let's all go. As it turns out, the guys were saying how they were going to follow me home. So, I'm thankful that they were watching out, and that when I wasn't able to hear what those guys were saying that that youth did. Ok, now, here's my disclaimer. Please don't worry about this situation. In fact, if you're prone to worrying, you can do something about it and pray. Because, obviously, God protects me! :)Well, I've got stuff I need to get to. I hope you guys have a good day and eat some tacos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment