Friday, February 15, 2008

An Eventful Week

Altotonga, Mexico -- Hey there. It's been a full week, to be sure. I managed to get the walls acid washed and then sealed. The only thing that's left to do is paint in the white splotches. What a fun process.On Monday evening, I got a call late that night that one of the youth had been in a car accident. I had a vision, or something very similar to it, about that on Sunday... but I didn't say anything. He has been playing in the world for a while, and he was out with his friends. His friends are pretty much ok after the accident. Our youth has a crack in his skull, and something about having to do surgery on his jaw. His face is all bruised up. They took him to Xalapa, and the visiting hours are like from 4-6pm. So, I haven't been there to visit, but will see about it next week. Supposedly, next week they are taking him to Veracruz to have the surgery done.

It makes me go... man... why? Not why to God... but why the youth decided to make the choices he did. Hopefully God will use this situation to bring the youth back to him. I am just glad that God spared his life.

Wednesday I went out to Orilla and had the Bible study there with Rosita. It was a pretty normal day. A busy day as usual. Wednesdays-Saturdays are my busiest, busiest days.Thursday evening, one of the youth was talking to me, and she was crying because of her home situation and that she didn't want to go home. In fact, she had left earlier, and was about to open her door, and she turned around and came right back to the Club. So, of course, I pointed her to Christ (she's a Christian... or at least was). And then there were just a lot of unexpected visitors. I kept the Club open till 9:40.

There were a lot of youth.I continue with all the other things I do every week... meeting with the pastor, discipleship times, English class, Club times, etc.

Still studying Japanese. I like it a lot. A whole lot.Tonight I still need to finish my laundry. I did 3 buckets this afternoon, and put 2 more buckets to soak while I went to the Club this afternoon. I'm still wondering why I decided to do that, because I knew I'd get home late... and it takes a bit more time that it does in the states to wash clothes. :)I also want to finish preparing for the lesson that I'm doing tomorrow... of course, on love.

My dance girls are performing their dance piece tomorrow, in preparation for when we do it next week in front of at least 2000 people or so. And then, the youth going to Oaxaca are going to present the Jonah mime I choreographed. So, our "format" is a little different tomorrow. That's ok. I'll be changing the format a lot in a couple of months.

And, tomorrow is one of the busiest days I have in the week. Well, it's 11:03pm. I guess I better get to that laundry before it gets too late.

** Will write on the event for next weekend on next Wednesday, if I don't get to it on Tuesday. Please be praying in advance for a powerful movement of God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment