Thursday, October 18, 2007

Busy-ness

Altotonga, Mexico -- Hello there.

Well, it has been an interesting and busy few weeks since I've written. It's the regular schedule, but it's busy! At lot of changes are going on in the club, some I will mention later, but right now we are in the middle of construction on the land behind the club which will some day be the church's building.

But for now, it will be a basketball court while the court inside will be made into a makeshift church room.The major changes will come starting next week with that. For now, there is construction and a little difference but next week is when it will be like blam!

Other than that, I stay with the same schedule... I guess maybe you should know my schedule then... hmm.. there's a thought. :)

Sundays-- I go visiting around with youth, hit the market for food I'll need during the week; prepare for whatever groups I'll be leading during the week; church 4-6; sometimes an event after church. Other times I take Araceli to church in Xalapa... which is an all day event... from 9am-8pm (travel, church, stuff to do in Xalapa, etc.)

Monday! Free day, which inevitably turns into business day... or day to do whatever I can't do during the week. It's my day to cook in the house.

Tuesdays- Technically "business day", meeting with Chris and Vonda all morning, errands in the afternoon, Spanish class from 4-6 and from 6:30 is a prayer meeting and leader's meeting for college age group.

Wednesdays-- Usually I'll head out to Orilla del Monte to visit there. It's also chore day and my day to cook. Prayer meeting at the club around 5:45... at 7 a leaders' meeting and then at 8:30-- I have discipleship meeting with Araceli.

Thursdays/Fridays-- I go visiting in the morning. Club from 11:30-2:30 and 5:30-9. Business stuff in afternoon.

Saturdays-Dance Class 10:30-12:30; Club time 3:30-8

Generally, that's about it. There are always other things that come up and people that I need to go see... so I make my rounds. And then preparation time for dance class..

On Monday Telmex (the phone company here) came to put a phone line in the house. I was so excited. It had been a month since we had gone to Perote to contract it. So, Tuesday we went to Telmex in Perote (about 1/2 hr away) to contract internet. As it turns out, whoever put the phone line in didn't enter it with the system, and so it shows that we do not have service... and they say it could be a month before it gets entered in. I discovered today, after many tries with different phones and cords that our phone line doesn't even work even though you can dial it and it "rings."

That's been slightly frustrating.I've been working on the video for you guys. I know, I know.. I said that like a month ago. It's been busy, I'm sorry. But it's coming.Monday I may be going to Veracruz to pick up my Japanese program and birthday cards. Hopefully. Well friends, I think that is all right now. I really need to be going, I've a ton of things to do in the next hour before heading to the Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment