Monday, September 17, 2007

Mexican Independence

Altotonga, Mexico -- Well, Saturday night we celebrated Mexican Night in the park with thousands of other Altotonguenses. It was so crowded! There was nothing particular spectacular, though I enjoyed being out and about with my cheeks painted in the colors of the Mexican flag (don't ask me what I did for American Indepence day... not one thing!). Well... I take that back (about the nothing spectacular)... the fireworks were kind of dangerous and added for a rather... alert composure.

Sunday morning we watched the parade from across the street from Chris and Vonda's house. It was really lonnnnnnnng. But, it was fun to see the kids I know marching and smiling when they recognised someone they knew.

It's getting cold here. The mornings are fresh here, and by the afternoon it starts to get cold and then a bit colder. I'm appreciated hot coffee and tea more and more. But this is only the beginning!

I am looking forward to a busy week! I am putting subtitles on the testimonial videos that are available on this website. I've already done my dad's. And then I will take care of Club duties on Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday morning I will go out to Orilla del Monte to visit a student who lives out there. She's a very hyper junior higher. She wants me to come meet her family and pick apples. A apple picking I go!

And of course, you know I'll take those opps to spread a little Jesus. :) Well, I am getting ready to plan the first college age even come the first part of October... I just have a few things to get in line with that before I can be official about the first event. I'm excited, please pray for me on that-- for wisdom and guidance and strength and God's anointing on everything.Bless you all! Hope to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment