Friday, April 8, 2011

Back

Welp.  I'm back in Japan.  How crazy does life seem lately?

After a great trip back to St. Louis and time spent with lots of lovely people, I am back in Japan.  Also in America happened to be lots of crazy weather, which gave me a nasty cold my last couple of days.  However, that made it nice in that because of a delayed flight to Chicago, I missed my connection to Tokyo.  So, they put me up in a hotel and I was able to get over the cold a little more before boarding a 13 hour flight.

So I'm back in Japan.  Since coming back, I've gotten things straightened out with my work schedule for teaching English this year and went to a seminar.  I've had like 3 different meetings and set up a schedule for this year now that I'm not in school anymore.  After talking with Mark and Yuiko yesterday morning, I'll be doing more admin stuff at FUSE and also be getting connected in to this Girls College like a five minute walk from my house.  I have one connection in there and I'm going to try to form more.  I'm pretty excited about that.  I'll keep studying in the mornings, though not at school.  And of course, the other stuff that I normally do and participate in, I'll continue doing.  So, I think it'll be good.

I do miss America (ha, Miss America) and the good times that I had there and I wish I could have been able to spend more time with people individually-- first and foremost my family. 

But it was cool to be able to share about Japan in such an oportune time when the whole world's eyes were on Japan.  Keep praying for us guys!  Even since I've been home, my second night, I was woken up as I had just fallen asleep by the largest aftershock (I keep hearing 7.1 and 7.4) since the one a half hour after the big one on March 11.  This new one left us rocking and shaking for a good one-two minutes. 

But there is still lots to be done, so help me in spreading the message about how we need more missionaries here in Japan and more people to help!  Short-term people and definitely long-term people!  This is the opportune time to share about the message of the cross to a hurting Japanese people!

No comments:

Post a Comment